Product Owner (Customer Workstream) - Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne
2 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
In the long term this is a full-time permanent role based at Q9 Quorum Business Park. In the short term this role will be fully remote with occasional face to face meetings in Newcastle and London as required in the short-termJoin the Family We a seeking an experienced specialist Product Owner to work collaboratively with both the Greggs Customer/Marketing and technology team to ensure that our customers’ needs are put at the heart of all digital products we deliver in the future as part of our wider business growth strategy. The Product Owner will work with the Technology team and members of the Customer/Digital teams to ensure that our digital and physical in-store experiences – from click and collect to customer loyalty schemes - work together seamlessly for our customers and colleagues to deliver an exceptional experience. Working as part of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile, product-focussed team, you will be responsible for ensuring that delivery of currently prioritised features are built according to our wider business strategy and deliver a consistent experience that is fully in line with the wider Greggs brand objectives. We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them. Join us on our journey. Salary
Competitive SalaryWork Pattern
Our working hours are usually Monday- Friday, you may be required to work alternative hours to fulfil business needs.Job Description Working closely within a dynamic customer centric team you will be able to balance both tactical and operational product requirements, as well as interface into other workstreams delivering against the longer-term strategic roadmap. You will have a proactive, hands-on attitude and enjoy contributing towards building an adaptive, fun and creative environment for digital delivery. And you’ll be experienced in working cross functionally and facilitating and collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups to reach consensus on product features and priorities. As a lifelong learner and you’ll enjoy joining us on a continuous journey of learning and improving as we strive to become a high-performing, self-organising product team, applying adaptive planning techniques to deliver innovative solutions to business problems. Using your organisational skills and your ability to understand and resonate with customer needs you’ll be passionate about delivering high-quality products that deliver against key strategic priorities and will balance this with a pragmatic mindset and strong roadmap management skills. You will have experience of working in a product focussed role, ideally in an environment with an in depth understanding of Marketing Brand management, e-Commerce & Retail Operations and have a track record of delivering using agile, product development principles in other organisations. On a day to day basis you will be:
- Responsible for working with lead members of the Greggs Customer/Marketing team and Technology team to understand business strategy in order to define, develop and deliver against a robust plan to build best-in-class products to deliver against it.
- Take a hands-on approach to supporting the technology team in the day to day delivery of functional, shippable products through ‘owning’ the continued development, iteration and refinement of the stories contained in various product backlogs.
- On a daily basis working closely with both the scrum master and product technology teams leads to balance priorities between the backlog of work across multiple products.
- Act as a key interface with the retail team to share dependencies and collectively align to deliver all required elements enabling the launch of best in class end to end experience for our customers.
- Comfortable discussing and appraising in depth-technical development concepts and architecture options with technology leads in order to produce clear recommendations for future feature development.
- Ensure that any products being produced are in line with the business strategy and needs of senior members of the Customer/Marketing function and wider Digital Programme.
- Accountable for the delivery of roadmap and agreed plan for the specific products within your remit, including managing, writing and prioritising detailed user stories – getting ‘hands-on’ and documenting all required detail and acceptance criteria.
- Feed regular updates on progress, or any issues facing the development team, into regular programme meetings.
- Lead the demonstration of work at the end of each iteration to key stakeholders and ensuring feedback is adequately captured and fed back into the team’s plans.
- Work closely with the CRM and digital comms team stakeholders to ensure they understand the roadmap and desired future capabilities in order for them to be included in product development plans.
- A clear track record of a minimum of 2-3 previous specific ‘Product Owner’ roles – ideally for a major retailer or consumer facing FMCG business.
- Agile/SCRUM professional qualification preferred.
- Track record of using data to inform decisions on backlog prioritisation.
- Demonstratable ‘live’ examples of where you have successfully represented the ‘voice of the customer’ in the production of effective final products using an Agile delivery methodology (Reference / example live Mobile app and web products to be provided by candidate for the recruiting panel to view).
- Highly literate in development using the latest cutting-edge digital technologies, and confidence in engaging with lead developers and architects to understand options and recommended approaches for development.
- Confidence in creating visual process flows and translating business-as-usual ways of working into comprehensive user stories and documentation.
- Significant practical experience in acting as a product owner delivering products in complex technical environments, including balancing new service-based development/DevOps with legacy technology, and third-party agencies.
- Experience of delivering Agile projects in a complex, changing matrix business environment and a proven ability to work with different stakeholder groups to deliver excellent customer-facing products.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 12.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.