Senior Software Developer - Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne
This is a full-time permanent role based at Innovate House, Balliol Industrial Park. In the interim this will be a remote working role.Join the Family
We a seeking a Software Developer to support Greggs in delivering an exciting suite of innovative, greenfield products that will ensure that both digital and physical in-store experiences including in-store kiosk ordering, click and collect and customer loyalty apps work seamlessly for our customers and colleagues to deliver a great experience.
The mission-critical products you will be working on will help millions of customers to engage with Greggs in a fast, friendly and frictionless way every day.
Working as part of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile, product focussed team, you will help the team to really understand and empathise with our customers.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Competitive SalaryWork Pattern
Our working hours are usually Monday- Friday, you may be required to work alternative hours to fulfil business needs.Job Description
We are looking for passionate people that love working as a part of a team to join us on our journey.
You will have a proactive, can-do attitude and enjoy contributing towards an adaptive, fun and creative environment. You will be capable of working cross functionally and facilitating and collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups.
You will be a lifelong learner and will enjoy joining us on a continuous journey of learning and improving as we strive to become a high-performing, self-organising product team, applying adaptive planning techniques to deliver innovative solutions to business problems.
You will care about delivering high-quality products that are robust, secure, scalable and maintainable, ensuring quality is baked-in, learning from and sharing your knowledge with others through paired and mob programming and code reviews.Skills
- Be passionate about writing clean, testable and maintainable code
- Have experience of developing CI/CD pipelines including integration, functional and end-to-end testing
- Be comfortable working with cloud platforms and services
- Be an advocate for taking a test driven approach to development using testing frameworks and tools (e.g. xunit, Moq etc.)
- Have an in-depth knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented design principles and patterns
- Have experience of working with ASP.NET, particularly Web API
- Have an in depth knowledge of web application security best practices
Ideally, you will have knowledge and experience with one or more of the following:
- Experience of designing and developing distributed, microservices architectures
- Docker / Kubernetes / service mesh technologies
- Have knowledge of modern web application authentication and authorisation approaches including JWT, OpenID Connect and OAuth
- iOS or Android Development / Xamarin, XAML and the MVVM pattern
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 12.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible