Leisure Assistant - Full Time + Zero Hour - Basingstoke Country Hotel
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at one of the most beautiful properties in Basingstoke. This woodland hotel boasts attractive landscaped courtyards and refurbished rooms, perfectly combining old charm and modern commodities.
The Basingstoke Country Hotel is a 121 bedroom-hotel that has ten conference suites in total, ranging in size from smaller rooms seating up to 30 guests, ideal for meetings, to larger suites seating up to 240 people.
The Hotel offers a Spindles Health and Leisure Club that provides beauty treatments and pamper packages as well as Gym Memberships and access to the swimming pool. Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Leisure Assistant onto the team.
As Leisure Assistant, you will be required to;
- Maintain the cleanliness of all leisure facilities.
- Supervise swimmers and intervene for rescue purposes in the event of emergencies.
- Carry out pool and spa testing and carrying out remedial action as necessary.
- Comply with all club standard operating procedures and emergency action plans.
- Book in beauty treatments and ensuring that all beauty clients are well looked after before and after treatments.
- Ensure safe and timely opening and closing of the facilities each day.
- Carry out all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning and maintenance tasks to ensure that the club is kept in a clean and well-maintained state.
The successful candidate will need to hold a valid Pool Responder Certificate and Pool Plant Operator Certificate (or equivalent). Applicants must be hard working, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and reliable, also preferably first aid trained but not essential. This position is available on full-time and casual basis.
Look at our website to give you an idea of how picturesque The Basingstoke Country Hotel is!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 hotels & 6 parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.