Housekeeping Manager - Newton Abbot
Housekeeping Manager - Newton Abbot, Devon
New opportunity not to be missed! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housekeeping Manager to join a growing team at our five star holiday resort, Finlake near Exeter, Devon. In return, we offer our Housekeeping Manager a competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits.
Finlake Resort is one of the UK's largest owners of luxurious holiday and residential parks celebrating over 80 years as a successful family owned British company, synonymous with quality, exclusivity and luxury. Finlake is one of the most desirable resort locations in the UK and offers an amazing range of holiday accommodation, superb leisure facilities and the delights of Devon on your doorstep with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, gym and spa.
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, customer and standards oriented housekeeping professional to join the team.
What are the responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager?
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, they are part of the leadership team
- Responsible for the cleaning of accommodation hire, which entails the holiday home or lodge and hot tubs. Present the accommodation in- line with the SOP and five star standards
- Responsible for the department standards, service delivery, finance and health and safety.
- Plan rota’s and ensure the changeover days run smoothly and to time
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to fulfil customer needs
- To lead, recruit, train and motivate your team
- Control the resources and make a profitable contribution to the park, as well as placing orders and stock control
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Review current working practices, strive to improve both in performance and efficiencies.
- Comply with all health and safety and fire regulations
The ideal Housekeeping Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Outstanding customer service skills with strong organisational and interpersonal skills enabling you to integrate effectively as part of a close team and offer excellent customer service
- Forward thinking and proactive. The ability to make balanced, business critical decisions
- At least three years relevant management experience and used to leading a large team
- Eye for quality standards
- Microsoft office and computer literate to a competent level
- Must be commercially aware, understanding the importance of working within costs & departmental budgets. Ability to write and implement a business plan.
- Desire and proven ability of achieving targets
- Must be highly customer focused with excellent communication skills both face to face, on the telephone & via email
- Must be highly organised and well versed in completing paperwork
- Must be self-driven and be able to work within a large team and be able & willing to be 'hands-on' at all times
- Knowledge of hot tubs desirable but not essential, training can be offered
We offer our Housekeeping Manager a fantastic salary and benefits* package!
- Substantially discounted holidays on our holiday parks
- Pension scheme
- Free Resort Membership (access to Finlake Falls and Sirona Spa)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Online discount scheme to many high street and leisure outlets
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holiday allowance)
- Uniform provided
- Discount on all areas of the resort
*Benefits are non-contractual and may be dependent on the job role and status
Hours: 40 hours per week working a variety of shifts to include, weekends, evening and bank holidays. Position available for an immediate start.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, why not click apply today? Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's largest owners of luxurious holiday resorts.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Keywords: housekeeping, holiday resort, accommodation, hot tubs, holiday parks, management, cleaning