Lifeguard - Weybridge
Part time Lifeguard - St George's Hill Lawn Tennis Club
- Competitive rates - pay range £8.50 - £9.20 subject to experience/qualifications
- Casual hours covering Monday – Sunday, shifts 10am – 7pm & 4.00-8.00pm
RESPONSIBLE TO: Duty Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To ensure the pool is operated in a safe and effective manner, particularly during peak periods. To keep the pool area, including change rooms, clean and tidy at all times.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure bather safety at all times
- To maintain order in the pool at all times
- To ensure pool rules and guidelines are adhered to at all times
- To ensure that all poolside areas are kept clean in line with health & safety guidelines
- To assist with pool water tests where required
- To keep the poolside cupboards tidy and clear of debris at all times
- To check the changing rooms regularly whilst on shift to ensure that locker doors are closed and rubbish is picked up
- To report any maintenance issues to the Maintenance Manager or Duty Manager at the earliest possible opportunity
- To be fully conversant with all emergency procedures for fire and accident and to report all incidents in the correct manner
- Attend training sessions and departmental meetings as and when required
- To be flexible when cover is needed
- Comply with the provisions of the company Health & Safety and Fire policies and implement where required
- Promote the Club’s reputation for exceptional standards of customer care and services
- Undertake any other reasonable request made by the Fitness Manager, HOD’s or CEO
Technical Skills & Experience
- To understand and analyse both simple & complex issues.
- Good organizational skills, to run and monitor effective systems & processes.
- Experience in working within a customer focused environment.
- Hold a current NPLQ Qualification. Not essential as training can be made available
- Confident & outgoing personality.
- Strong communicator, able to give ideas & facts honestly, clearly & persuasively.
- Customer Focused.
- Flexible working approach with regard to operational needs.
- To be able to generate alternative approaches to problems.
- To be able to see clean changing areas and poolside surrounds
What we can offer
- Flexible hours
- £8.50ph and Holiday pay
- Pension plan