IMMEDIATE START / 4 Nights On – 4 Nights Off / Tips / Restaurant and Hotel Discounts / In-house Training / Required: Experience as a Night Porter or Front of House staff in a similar establishment
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Night porter to join our vibrant, successful and passionate Front of House team at Barnsley House.
As a Night Porter, you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency of excellence is continued throughout the night, safeguarding our guests and the property.
- You will be readily available at all times to deal with queries, problems or complaints during the night, ensuring that telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously
- You will ensure that all front of house areas are clean and tidy at all times, including cloakrooms
- You will complete all tasks on each shift to a full and make sure that handover takes place at the end of the shift
- You will perform any other duties required overnight, including the preparation of food & beverage items as per agreed policy & menu
- You will need to be self-motivated with high attention to detail and pride in having ownership for all tasks
Shift pattern is 4 Nights On / 4 Nights Off, working hours being 10pm to 7am
Barnsley House is a beautiful 17th century house, which sits perfectly in the small Cotswold Village of Barnsley, just outside Cirencester. There are 18 wonderful bedrooms imbued with understated country luxury. Barnsley House offers a 4 red star experience to our guests who are looking to retreat to the rolling hills of the Cotswolds.
Barnsley House is located in the centre of the Cotswold village of Barnsley, on the B4425 (Cirencester to Bibury and Burford road), four miles north-east of Cirencester in Gloucestershire.
The perks when working for The Calcot Collection:
- Personal development programmes through the Calcot Academy
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Paid overtime and tips
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Free car park
- Long service awards
- Discounts on stays within The Calcot Collection £50 B&B (T&C’s apply)
- 50% discount on food purchases within our restaurants (Wine & Bar will be charged)
- Spa Discount – 15% off Spa products, 20% off Spa treatments
- Staff Christmas pressie vouchers for use in any of our properties
- Employee assistance programme
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
The Calcot Collection is a small privately-owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.