At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, whether it be day or night, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. You’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, you’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
You’ll also be responsible for the security of the hotel and it’s guests overnight, as well and completing a number of administrative and preparation duties for the following day. These will be varied.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Previous experience working on reception and nights is preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Confidence in handling customer complaints to ensure satisfaction levels are restored in the event something doesn’t go to plan; displaying empathy and a professional approach at all times
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time
- As you may be working alone, or as part of a small team, it’s important you also work well under your own initiative
The County Hotel Carlisle is a three-star hotel from the Cairn Group which can be found in the city centre of Carlisle directly opposite from Carlisle Rail Station.
Guest’s enjoy breathtaking views of King Henry VIII’s historic Citadel and also be within a ten-minute walk of the picturesque Carlisle Castle,
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Cairn Academy' Training & Development Opportunities
Cycle 2 work scheme*
(* Applies to positions above minimum wage)