Category Buyer - Ambient
- Job Type
- Full Time
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an experienced and passionate Category Buyer – Ambient to join our team, based at our Gloucestershire farm.
Full time contract, 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri 9am-6pm. c.£38,000 pa. depending on experience
About the role
At Daylesford, our Ambient Buyer is responsible for the wide-ranging category management of over 500 SKUs. The category covers our famous jams, chutneys and preserves as well as tea, coffee, drinks, snacks and dry goods. You will also be responsible for championing fantastic artisan suppliers within this category.
As our Ambient Buyer you’ll be part of a team of 5 buyers responsible for the commercial performance of our extensive range within our stores and wholesale business. You will define, own and deliver a range that reflects our food retail strategy embracing quality, innovation, seasonality and sustainability. You’ll work closely with the NPD team to ensure the range remains innovative and aspirational.
You’ll combine great commercial awareness with an entrepreneurial spirit as well as first class communication skills. You’ll be a food lover at heart who’s thrives on building successful business relationships. You won’t be reliant on “big company” systems and be comfortable analysing and interpreting raw data. A flexible and resilient approach is a must.
- To manage accreditation quality, service and cost across major suppliers through a structured approach to supply relationship management with clear KPI’s, terms of business and continuous review
- To work closely with Theme, Creative and Packaging teams ensuring range best reflects seasonal theme, brand values and sustainability strategy
- To review slow selling lines on a monthly basis in conjunction with supply chain and implement a plan to clear stock
- To work closely with Wholesale Manager to maximize category performance
- To deliver budgeted sales, waste and margin and carry out category reviews each month
- To own cost and retail prices across the categories ensuring system accuracy and ensure any changes are communicated to the business in a timely manner
- To lead and support on assigned NPD projects using the agreed NPD process and work with relevant stakeholders to maximize sales at launch
- To be at the fore front of market trends and innovation within the category
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Training and development to advance your career
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter