Production Planner - Newcastle
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
We are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner to support the Planning Manager at Balliol. The Production Planner would be responsible for setting the weekly production plan for the site whilst optimising the line running time in line to ensure efficiency targets are met.Salary
Up to £25,000Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Hours: 42 per week
Shifts: Monday to Friday, day shiftJob Description
- Production Planners role will be Firming up the Daily Production Plan for running all 3 production lines in Balliol.
- All Material Orders will be placed on basis of this Production Plan.
- This will also involve managing the planning for all related processes: Cookers, Detinning process, Deboxing process.
- The site can achieve Order Fill Rate and Schedule Adherence targets IN Full and ON TIME based on accurate production plan
- Production Planner will be using SAP and Excel to do this plan and share with Production teams and other related functions on site.
- Review 8 Weeks forward plan shared by Central Planning Team
- Update 3 weeks Plan in SAP each week and firm up 1 weeks plan
- Daily updates/changes to the production plan to be done for all 3 Lines and Cookers based on Line performance, Ingredient deliveries, maintenance or breakdowns on any equipment or delays
- Production Planner will be responsible for planning in Rework Orders - working with Central planning, Technical , Coldstore and Production teams to align priority to plan in rework
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Knowledge and experience of using SAP
- Knowledge and understanding of fast paced manufacturing
- Ability to communicate clearly using various communication methods
Some of our roles require specialist or technical knowledge for example IT. But other jobs only call for relevant experience and computer skills, along with great personality, attention to detail and confident communication skills.
It goes without saying that it helps to keep the big picture in mind. But we always remember that we got to where we are by keeping in touch with the needs of our customers. Everything we do is geared around their needs – from the food we produce through to the way it's presented and sold. Whichever department we're in, our internal and external customers are always our focus.Benefits
We offer a very generous benefits package which includes:
- Profit Share
- Staff Discount
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Pension Scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.