Sports Assistant / Lifeguard - Hatfield
Sports Assistant / Lifeguard - Hertfordshire Sports Village
Salary: £19,074 - £20,266 pa
FTE: 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Duration of Contract: Permanent
Location: De Havilland campus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
We are looking for full time Sports Assistants to join our vibrant and welcoming team at University of Hertfordshire Sports Village. The successful candidates will join our dedicated team to prepare for deliver bookings and events in our swimming pool, indoor/multi-use areas and outdoor facilities.
Our first class facilities and expert team attracts customers from elite sports professionals to those who are just starting out. We welcome students, staff and the local community. You will be part of a team delivering bookings and events from international/national standard through to kid’s parties and local grass roots level. This includes connecting with organisations including Arsenal Women’s FC, Saracens Mavericks, England Fencing, Swim England, England Badminton, British Weightlifting and many more.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A positive, personable and welcoming approach
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- A current and valid NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification), OR the ability to achieve in the first 3-6 months employment (Internal training provided onsite)
- The ability to work as part of a shift rota including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- WELCOMES Values (see Job Description)
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Annual bonus
- Free Gym Membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year + 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UNiDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- And much more . . . . .
Equipped with a positive approach, the ability to work hard and with the ongoing professional development we provide, you will have opportunities to progress within your role as well as gain experience in wider areas of the business. Apply today.
To Apply: Send CV and covering letter.
Closing Date: 06 September 2020
Reference Number: 029215
REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as amended. The University requires that the successful applicant who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. An Enhanced Disclosure will be required and this will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions. The University of Hertfordshire complies with the 'Code of Practice for Registered Persons and other recipients of Disclosure Information'.
Overseas applicants and UK applicants who have lived abroad
Successful applicants from overseas will be required to produce a criminal records check, or 'Certificate of Good Character', from any country in which they have been resident, consecutively or cumulatively, in the previous 10 years.