Front of House Assistant - Isles of Scilly - 2020 Season
Front of House Assistants
We require Front of House Assistants to join our friendly teams at the Flying Boat Bar & Bistro; The New Inn & Ruin Beach Café on Tresco for the 2020 season
- To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to consistently ensure a superb customer service experience
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly, maintaining a high quality of customer service
- Using skills and experience to cope with multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- To be responsible for accurate and efficient guest billing processes.
Our ideal candidate:
- Warm and friendly with a welcoming approach
- High standards of dress and presentation
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Must be organised and able to quickly become part of a very efficient team
- Trustworthy with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal skills
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Tresco and Bryher have small and welcoming communities and share a small school, located on Tresco.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.
The majority of our staff joins us from February until October during our main season. If you would like to be valued and enjoy a great experience in a great place, we’re looking for great people.