Chalet Hotel Manager - Europe
Chalet Hotel Manager - Work in Europe!
Season: December - April
Up to £1900 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As Chalet Hotel Manager, you will ensure that a high standard of catering and hospitality services are consistently offered to our guests, you'll aim to achieve all pre-determined financial targets and facilitate excellent service to all internal & external customers.
Using effective time planning and organisational skills to manage your various departments within the hotel, you'll provide hands-on support to your team. You'll offer encouragement, motivation and get the best from your team in order for our guests to have a fantastic holiday experience.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Oversee, create and maintain a welcoming and comfortable environment within the hotel
- Provide team/guests with information, help and guidance to exceed expectations
- Speak directly to our guests regularly, monitor/action feedback to ensure that the service provided is on point
- Proactively advertise Neilson Mountain Expert sessions throughout the week, encouraging your guests to attend and invite open feedback on the service delivered
- Build an excellent working relationship with all suppliers and monitor the services they provide in order to exceed customer expectations
- Take responsibility for assisting, organising, coordinating and delivering pre-season staff training
- To be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements during the season
- To set/monitor staff objectives, motivate and develop your team to succeed and achieve all set targets
- Coordinate all staff work rotas and days off along with HR paperwork
- Operate within the set expenditure budget for the hotel and implement strict control measures to ensure these are being met
- Drive and monitor the sales of food, drink, spa, ski packs, lift passes, equipment, tuition and apres
- Take responsibility for the management of ordering and purchasing for the hotel including stock orders, levels, stock takes while monitoring/recording all wastage
- Operate within the set expenditure budget for the hotel and implement control measures to ensure these are being met
- To be responsible for ensuring all areas of the hotel are always clean and maintained in accordance with company standards
- To ensure that your hotel environment is a safe place in which to work and stay
- You'll support the kitchen team in planning a varied 6-7-day menu and consistently seek to improve the standards of food delivered to guests.
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Ensure that any individual guest dietary requirements are being met
- Remain compliant with all health & safety audits and ensure you provide your team with a safe working environment at all times
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Ensure all customer documentation, in-resort branding is up to date and complies with company guidelines
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- Ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Cooking experience or a cooking/hospitality qualification
- Previous team management, customer service and sales experience
- Numerical Aptitude
- Excellent MS Word – Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and in unsociable hours
- Driven to achieve and succeed in a target focused environment
- Language skills (desirable)
- Ability to work under own initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual