Kitchen Porter/Night Porter - Europe
Kitchen Porter/Night Porter - Work in Europe!
Season: December - April
Average wage £800 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Kitchen Porter/Night Porter, you will be an ambassador for Neilson Active Holidays and represent the face of the company in and around our Neilson Mountain collection properties. This role is really varied, and you will support the different elements that make up the Neilson experience for our guests.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that the catering and hospitality services in our properties meet the expected high standards.
You'll provide general assistance in the kitchen, getting involved in food washing, preparation, kitchen equipment/storage, cleaning up and putting away deliveries. As a dual role, this is perfect for someone that enjoys being part of a busy team but is also happy working alone using their own initiative. This role is rotated weekly between supporting the kitchen team and Night Porter duties.
Night Porter duties will include making sure that the hotel remains secure throughout the night whilst carrying out additional hotel host duties, administrative tasks and cleaning. This is a great opportunity to learn about working in various areas of the kitchen and hotel operation.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- This is a dual role that requires you to work a weekly rotation of day shifts and night shifts
- You'll be customer service orientated at all times and will encourage direct feedback from our guests
- Develop a positive working relationship within all teams
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays
- Be part of the overall kitchen operation and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times
- Take the lead on the most efficient process of cleaning all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils used within the property during service
- Ensure all cutlery, crockery and kitchen utensils are cleaned to a high standard, using the correct cleaning products
- Be prepared to assist the chefs with basic food preparation
- To assist with deliveries – this will include unloading, stock-checking and storing all products. In some resorts, you may be required to drive a company vehicle to assist with deliveries. When driving a company vehicle, you must adhere to the guidelines as set in the company blueprint
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Conduct regular checks/walkarounds throughout the night
- Respond to any emergencies that occur in a professional and confident manner
- Complete any administrative tasks that have been set by your manager
- Clean all public areas as requested by your manager
- Undertake any kitchen preparation as requested by the Head Chef
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience in a professional kitchen as a kitchen porter would be desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- A full, UK driving license, aged 21 or over with experience of driving in snowy conditions (Resort specific - ONLY needed in resorts where driving is required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work alone throughout the night
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to use your own initiative and follow written/verbal instructions
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Knowledge of general health & safety procedures
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual