Flotilla Mate - Greece
Flotilla Mate - Greece
£660 PCM based on experience + accommodation + great overall package
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
How do you fancy a summer in the Greek sunshine looking after our yachts and guests? With the back-up of your crew, the Neilson Flotilla Mate will take care of all the social aspects of the guest experience while on Flotilla and assist the flotilla skipper in managing the yachts.
Not only will you be able to interact well with guests, other team members and locals alike, but you will also need to be motivated by a challenge and ready deal with any problems, albeit at sea, back at base or in a beautiful remote location.
If you are an experienced Flotilla Mate and you can make a mean Gin & Tonic, great! As long as you are confident, outgoing and have a passion for making people’s holidays that little bit better, then life as a Neilson Flotilla Mate may be for you!
You will be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning and both with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We'll cover your accommodation, bills & food in the package and also provide exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, then why not bring your sailing knowledge and skills and apply to join the Neilson yacht team?
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To assist with all aspects in the delivery of the Flotilla Holiday in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe flotilla experience for guests of all ages and abilities
- To assist with the housekeeping of the flotilla yachts, to ensure efficient operation at all times
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with the crew
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- To retain working relationships with local suppliers for the provision of services to the flotilla and guests
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA Day Skipper - Essential
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard
- VHF license preferable
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous sailing experience preferable
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance