Bike Mechanic - Europe
Bike Mechanic - European Beach Resorts
Season: April - November
Up to £680 PCM based on experience + accommodation + great overall package
Job Role Summary
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Neilson bike mechanic, it will be your job to keep our resort fleet of bikes in the best possible condition for our guests to enjoy throughout the season. Along with your head bike guide, you will be responsible for the coordination of all bike maintenance tasks in the resort, as well as accurately and efficiently managing stock. The fleets will usually be between 90 and 120 bikes of varying disciplines, so there'll be plenty to keep you busy!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Organise and implement preseason and ongoing maintenance schedules to ensure the bike fleet is in full working order for our guests
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites ensuring that they always meet guest expectations
- Monitor and track bike spares and supplies
- Ensure orders are placed as and when required working in line with resort maintenance budgets
- Take responsibility for health and safety in the bike maintenance area
- Invest time and effort to train and develop the maintenance skills of other bike guides
- Actively get involved in the bike program and lead guided rides where possible
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Practically help with the set up at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season, as well as on a day-to-day basis
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings, and interact positively with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role, willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum of or equivalent to Cytech technical level 3 qualification.
- Experience of fleet maintenance
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Passion and experience for road biking
- Passion and experience off-road mountain biking
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead fun, varied, safe and informative bike rides
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of bike maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergencies
- Knowledge of current bike developments
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
Bike Guide - Greece/Turkey/ItalyEasy Apply!