Food & Beverage Assistant - Lavenham
Food & Beverage Assistant - The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa - Suffolk
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for part-time Food & Beverage Assistants to join their team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times, in line with AA 4 Red Star standards. You will also be ‘forward thinking’ and take the initiative to anticipate and consider guest needs to ensure they have a memorable visit.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Tips on top of hourly rate
- Paid breaks
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (increasing with service)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Be conversant with all methods of food and drinks service.
- Take orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep the Brasserie, lounge and functions rooms clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that Brasserie and function room tables are laid to the correct standard.
- Lead the service of private events as requested.
- Assist with Still Room duties as required.
- Assist with wine service as and when required to provide guests with the level of service expected.
- Carry out room, garden and lounge service as required.
- Ensure a timely service delivery from the point of arrival of the guest through to their departure.
- Operate the Point of Sales system and process payments according to the Swan standards.
- Maximise profitability at all times through appropriate use of upselling techniques.
- Be aware of any special dietary requirements of guests and ensure that these are communicated to all team members.
- Communicate effectively with guests and team members.
- Work in a cohesive way with all departments to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
- Take responsibility for the safety and security of all equipment within the Food & Beverage department.
- Adhere to the uniform and grooming standards at all times.
- Carry out all procedures in accordance with company standards and the procedures manuals.
- Adhere to all health and safety and fire prevention procedures.
- Report any stock shortages, customer requests/special needs and suggestions to the Manager.
- Attend any training sessions suggested for you to aid with your personal development.
- Adopt a flexible approach to working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Ensure that all customers and guests are acknowledged on arrival in a friendly and polite manner.
- Be knowledgeable of the food and beverage offerings within the hotel.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the menu enabling you to offer suggestions and recommendations to our guests.
- Manage and anticipate guest needs to ensure expectations are exceeded whilst providing a personalised service.
- Have a good knowledge of the whole hotel and spa and a basic knowledge of local amenities.
- Passion for food and wine.
- Desire for delivering consistently high standards of service.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills.
- Able to work full time and meet the requirement to work a flexible shift pattern.
- Good command of the English language.
- Previous experience in running small events.
- Previous experience in a 4 red star/5 star hotel environment or equivalent.
- Sound culinary and beverage knowledge.