Learning & Development Manager - Nationwide
5 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Princess Cruises - Learning & Development Manager - Nationwide
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Learning & Development Manager you will be responsible for effectively developing and delivering shipboard training programs and liaising with all departments to create an optimal training experience in support of management and crew and in line with the company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
- Consult with onboard leadership and all departments to deliver customized, relevant learning solutions that support overall operational needs in line with the company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers to determine learning support needs based on a thorough assessment, including personal interviews, on-the-job performance observation, metrics analysis and/or passenger and operational feedback.
- Support all leadership development and delivery efforts for ship based employees from strategy to operational execution.
- Facilitate leadership development and learning courses, workshops, events and activities including team building activities and other critical meetings.
- Actively participate with Human Resources Learning & Development Department to implement, test and pilot new training projects/initiatives.
- Evaluate current programs and performance using analytics, statistics, metrics, trends and direct feedback and make relevant suggestions for ongoing enhancement.
- Oversee participant enrolment processes.
- Conduct follow-up evaluation to measure impact and identify curriculum improvements.
- Support large-scale organizational effectiveness and change management efforts.
- Adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
Candidates interested in this position must have the following qualifications and experience for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, HR or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in a training and development position that includes program delivery and assessment.
- Prior experience delivering leadership content.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Prior people management experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of staff levels in the company.
- Demonstrate a high level of computer fluency in Microsoft Office applications.
Note: Each application must include a 15 minute video presentation on the applicant’s favourite training topic.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodation, meals and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness centre, pool and a recreation centre.
To apply for an onboard opportunity today, please visit the Careers pages on the Princess Cruises website or email your CV quoting reference LDM/L.J.19.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.