Warehouse Operative - Enfield London
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
SALARY: £22,000 - 25,000 per anumShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: We require two full time Nights Warehouse operatives for our busy Enfield Supplies Centre - Rotating shift patterns of 4pm-12am and 6pm - 2am. Shifts to be discussed at interview
Contract: permanentJob Description
This role is crucial in making sure our shops get all of the items they have ordered so that they can give our loyal Greggs customers a great customer service.
This is a physically demanding role as the manual handling of boxes, picking and packing of cages and the pushing and pulling of cages are also an integral part of the role. Working as part of a great team, you’ll have a good eye for detail, and work with the best systems to ensure full pick accuracy. You’ll ensure our trucks are at the right temperature ready to load and products are loaded in to the correct compartment for chill, ambient or frozen.
All this hard work will help our Drivers to get on with their vehicle checks, and on the road to maximise as much delivery time as they can.Skills
- Comfortable with long periods of standing, lifting and carrying
- Ability to work in cold/frozen areas
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents)
- Flexible in availability for working hours (as may be required to work different shifts each week, or asked to work overtime)
- Have a good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ideally have previous food handling experience in a warehouse environment
- A Fork Lift Truck licence would be beneficial but is not compulsory.
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.