Fitness Manager - London
Fitness Manager - The Armoury, Hampstead
Full time, 40 hours per week
£22,000 – £24,000 per annum
Jubilee Hall Trust is an independent sports trust in central London that operates four fitness, health and sports centres and also delivers community programmes to build healthier communities.
We are looking for a team player with bags of enthusiasm, a positive ‘can do’ attitude and ideally, previous experience working in a managerial role. You will have a passion for excellent service delivery, have an eye for detail and be both inventive and creative in everything from your approach to exercise to creating and implementing member events.
Duties required of the role include:
- Supporting other members of staff with the operation of the facility
- Supervising the gym team
- Provide a welcoming and efficient environment for all user contact bookings, requests and enquiries
- Responsible for opening and closing the club when needed
- Ensuring all facilities are available during working hours and secured at the end of each day
- Dealing with members comments, complaints and enquiries
- Providing a clean and safe environment for all users
- Being responsible for financial transactions conducted on your shift
- Supporting all staff in contributing to a positive working environment
- Restructuring gym layout when needed to ensure optimum usage of the space
- Ensuring all gym equipment is working and that faulty equipment is reported and dealt with swiftly
- Creation of gym based challenges and events designed to engage and retain members
- Assisting where required with the internal and external promotion of the gym
- Small group functional training sessions and covering classes when required
Some desirable characteristics for the role include:
- REPs and/ or CIMSPA registration to level 2 or above
- Exceptional customer care skills
- Sales experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of current fitness trends
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience in a similar role
Knowledge of the requirements of our customers is essential, as is the ability to work flexible and unsociable hours.
Jubilee Hall Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants who, though may not possess all qualities from our list of criteria, are able to embody our five values (Passionate, Inclusive, Productive, Enterprising and Supportive) and display the potential to develop into an excellent Receptionist.
We are a London Living Wage Employer, and we believe in developing all of our staff to be the best they can be. We won Small Employer of the Year at the UK Active Training Awards in November 2018 and placed in the top 25 in Great Place to Work’s Best Workplaces for 2019.