General Catering Assistant - Gatwick
General Catering Assistant - Gatwick (Gatwick Airport)
Are you looking for a new role in a busy and bustling environment where your customer service skills can shine? Come and join us at Gatwick Airport where we are offering airport staff, from baggage handlers to airline crew, a range of freshly made, restaurant inspired dishes, fantastic coffee and home-made cakes.
Who are Blue Apple?
Blue Apple is an experienced independent contract caterer specialising in bringing a bespoke and tailored solution to our clients. We have a diverse range of customers and pride ourselves on delivering fresh food solutions created by happy teams.
We do simple sarnies really well, hospitality that’s heavenly, delectable fine dining and anything else in between is beautifully presented while always being, tasty and delicious. Quite simply, food is our passion.
As a General Catering Assistant your main responsibilities are to:
- Assist with both front and back of house duties
- Assist in the preparation of tasty meals
- Ensure the kitchen and dining areas are sparkly clean at all times
- Keep an eye on stock levels and take responsibility for re-filling displays
- Have excellent standards of presentation at all times
- Deliver a service to our customers with a smile and a positive attitude
- Comply at all times with Health and Safety at Work, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations, policies and procedures
Previous catering experience is not necessary; if you have a positive attitude and are willing to learn we will offer full training (including the opportunity to join an apprentice scheme). Customer service experience and a passion for working in a fresh food environment would be useful. You should have a flexible approach to work as some shift work will be required.
Applicants should be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.