General Manager - Kingsbridge
We are recruiting for a strong General Manager with experience of managing sites with pools.
Who We Are:
Fusion is a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and well-being to communities across the UK. We have over 90 dynamic venues, offering mainstream & specialist sports and leisure facilities.
Our General Managers lead their team and deliver outstanding service within the communities in which we operate.
As General Manager you will use your excellent commercial acumen to motivate and develop your team to be the best, you will ensure strict compliance when it comes to health and safety, performance standards and financial controls, you will communicate confidently with a broad range of people, and drive for results and cost effective, first-class services and standards.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to our General Manager roles, and you will need significant previous experience of working as a General Manager within the leisure or hospitality sector. Ideally you will have a First Aid at Work qualification and a Pool Plant Operator qualification (although training is available for these), and CIMSPA membership is also desirable, although not essential.
Clear understanding of and a proven ability to manage all aspects of financial planning and budgets will be necessary, as well as a “can-do” attitude and a real passion to be the best. General Manager is a results-driven role so your natural ability to lead in driving sales will shine through.
Please note that if you are applying to work at a centre where alcohol is sold, you will need to have your own personal licence. Fusion is able to arrange a suitable online training opportunity to support this.
Some of the main responsibilities of the General Manager role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop, implement, review and report on the Centre’s Annual Service and financial plans and ensure full understanding across relevant Centre departments
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the Centre maximises its short-term, medium and long-term profitability
- In conjunction with the HR team implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the Centre
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisals, development and performance management of staff; including 1-2-1’s
- Ensure the Centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management team and employees
- Provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and requirements, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate
- Lead and develop an effective and cohesive Centre Management Team, to deliver on their individual and Centre objectives
- Management, compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and best practice legislature
- Ensure customer, third party and client relationship management processes and procedures are fully implemented in the centre
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the centre at all times
We have high expectations of our General Managers, and offer a generous employee benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Access to private medical Insurance
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Travel Ticket Loans
- Industry leading training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
If these sound like opportunities too good to miss, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply:
**********************************************************Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.