Trainee chef - Solihull
Chef - Limes Country Lodge Hotel
The Limes Country Lodge is a privately owned 18-bedroom Hotel, Restaurant, Conference and Wedding Venue in Solihull, Warwickshire. Set within more than 6 acres of rural countryside yet just off junction 3 of the M42. Our location make’s the Limes Country Lodge an ideal venue for conferences, weddings and events.The Limes Country Lodge is continually expanding, and with an imminent extension in the pipeline which will see an increase in bedroom as well as a new bistro restaurant we now have a need to add to our already busy kitchen team.
This role is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced candidate to join an expanding independent hotel to ensure our good reputation is continually met and exceeded.
As part of the role you will be expected to:
- Prepare fresh food for all our menus, including daily Bistro, Banqueting, Conferences and weddings.
- Work proactively and independently taking direction from our Head Chef.
- Ensure high standard of food preparation is met at all times
- Maintain a detail knowledge of all menus
- Have a sound knowledge of all dietary requirements.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene.
- Understand comprehensively,portion control after full training
- Be very competent with all aspects of preparing and cooking a breakfast menu post training
- Work to deadlines and enjoy a fast paced and creative environment.
- A passion for customer service with a great personality.
- Can do attitude, flexible to sudden changes with exceptional organisational skills.
- Enjoy working and interacting with people, face to face, over the phone and e-mail.
- Excellent at multitasking and have very high standards of work.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner and excellent communicator.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Excellent team player.
- Be very reliable and trustworthy.
- Providing responsive and flexible support to other initiatives related to the business as they emerge.
In addition, you will:
- Join a great team and work in a fantastic working environment
- Get involved in all aspects of events and learn new skills
- Be trained, motivated and driven to improve skills and achieve your full potential
- Be given the opportunity to shine, the freedom to use your creativity and bring your own ideas to the workplace
- Have the opportunity to progress within the company.
Job Type: Full-time to include weekends and evenings. We provide generous staff discount on all food, beverages and accommodation.
- Extra Holiday for service - Max 5 Days
- Free Meals whilst on duty
- Free Uniform
- Profit Share scheme
- Full Training Plan (Formal & Informal)
Job Location - Solihull, West Midlands
Required education - Diploma
Required license or certification - Driving License
Due to the number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted for interview stage.