Area Manager - Elstree
- Job Type
- Full Time
Area Manager (Hotel Operations, South) - Elstree, Hertfordshire
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Location: Elstree, Hertfordshire or working from home with extensive travel from Derbyshire to the Isle of Wight.
Salary Banding: £40,000 - £45,000, plus great company benefits including 10% discretionary bonus, company car and health benefits package
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Hotel Operations at HF Holidays, we’re so much more than walking …
Exceptional experiences are at the heart of everything we do. With over 100 years’ experience we’re passionate about delivering amazing holidays.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Area Manager to join our UK Hotel Operations Team. Due to the nature of this role there is scope for a flexible, working from home arrangement with frequent travel.
As Area Operations Manager, you’ll play a vital role in the continued success of our UK country house hotels. You’ll focus your extensive Hospitality Management experience, strong leadership skills and customer and team focused approach on our nine ‘southern’ houses, supporting them to deliver on their key objectives.
Your day-to-day might look like:
Our Area Operations Managers spend a lot of time in the field. Supporting our house teams to deliver the exceptional standards of food, accommodation and customer service our guests love us for. You’ll be:
- Supporting our country house teams to deliver an exceptional guest experience
- Conducting monthly and annual performance, financial and business reviews with House Managers
- Frequently communicating with country house and other teams across the business on a broad spectrum of operational, marketing and financial matters
- Ensuring that individual and overall house budgets are clearly understood and maintained
- Promoting our values and encourage strong leadership
- Supporting with staff recruitment and retention and looking out for team welfare by following HR policy and procedures
- Collaborating with the Estates and Area Maintenance Managers on country house development projects and health and safety
In return, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- 10% discretionary bonus
- Company car
- Mobile phone
- A work life balance / work from home
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Generous holiday allowance
- Annual free familiarisation visit at any of our country houses for you and your family plus up to £50 for travel support (after six months service)
As Area Operations Manager you’ll definitely:
- Have some great Hospitality Management experience
- Be a strong leader, communicator and able to wear many hats simultaneously
- Be the proud owner of a proven track record for delivering on your objectives
- Show us how much you care about your customers AND your team
- Be flexible. The job is 40% field based so you’ll be on the road a fair bit
- Have some budget and health and safety experience
- Show commitment to living and breathing our values
- You’ll have spent some time at the ‘coal face’ and have some first-hand experience in hotel management
- You might have some multisite management experience
- You might have a qualification in hospitality management
- Have experience in a similar role within the travel industry
A bit about us:
We are a multi-award-winning travel and hotel company and the UK’s largest walking & outdoor holiday provider, operating in over 70 global locations. With more than 100 years’ experience, we’re a co-operative society, owned by our 40,000 members.
Our team of 500 people work together to provide exceptional holiday experiences that inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. That’s why more than 60,000 guests trust us to arrange their holiday each year.
Join us and you’ll find a professional, welcoming environment that encourages you to learn new skills, celebrates your achievements and enables you to build a rewarding career.
For a full job description and to find out more please visit our careers pages. Alternatively, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for Area Manager - Elstree
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly