Crèche Assistant - Halstead
Crèche Assistant - Halstead
If you have experience of caring for young children and providing an exciting and fun environment for them, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Halstead Leisure Centre, Essex are recruiting for a Crèche Assistant - Mornings; 9am - 12pm
Fusion Lifestyle’s Crèche Assistants provide parents and guardians with that sought-after peace of mind. Our centres cater for the entire family and as a Crèche Assistant you will provide a safe, interactive, and interesting environment for young children, ensuring high levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the area at all times, whilst adhering to the Fusion Safeguarding policy.
To be successful as a Crèche Assistant, you will need to have a nationally recognised NVQ level 2 childcare qualification, with knowledge of child development and early years learning. You’ll also need excellent verbal communication skills, a caring nature and you’ll be excellent at building trust and rapport with children and their parents; acting as a role model at all times.
Some of the responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing a safe and caring learning environment for young children in the Centre’s crèche
- Offering a varied, interesting programme of activities appropriate to the needs of the children; coaching / teaching, where appropriate
- Carrying out the daily operations of the facility with regards to all statutory child care legislation, including the Children's Act 1989 and Service Standards
- Assisting with basic hygiene and toileting needs of children as required
- Maintaining accurate records of visits, and any accidents or incidents
- Carrying out cleaning and maintenance of the facility
- Assisting in the development of programming through your innovative ideas
- Establishing and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Ensuring all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
We have high expectations of our team members, and offer a generous employee benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you want to further your career within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.