Sous Chef - Rowland's Castle
Sous Chef - Pavilion Tea Room - Stansted Park, Rowland's Castle
The Pavilion is a busy Tearoom serving fresh cooked-to order breakfasts, light lunches and Afternoon Tea. We pride ourselves on using local suppliers and producing homemade food. We seat 120 inside our beautiful Victorian Glasshouse and can seat 100 outside in our Walled Garden.
We're looking for someone who can work in a fast paced environment providing a friendly service with a can do attitude. Previous experience working at this level is essential.
We want you to be enthusiastic about our business, our food and keep us as one of the top destinations to visit for excellent food in the local area
Full time – Permanent - 40 hours per week
- You will report to our Head Chef and will be responsible for helping to manage a safe and hygienic kitchen at The Pavilion
- Ensure the daily open and close checks are completed and a handover sheet left for the next day
- Organise the daily work schedule for kitchen staff
- To assist with the preparation of the homemade soups, scones, quiches, fillings and all other menu items and to help run the Breakfast, Lunch & Afternoon Tea service
- Help create new seasonal recipes in line with the Pavilion ethos
- Have strong leadership skills
- To manage food purchasing, storage and stock rotation
- Supervise all staff working in Bothy and CPU (separate kitchen but on site) and to assist with ongoing staff training
- Help to create and develop new systems to help the business move forward
- Stay calm under pressure
- Flexible with working hours
- Positive attitude with excellent teamwork and communication skills
- To be able to establish strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including
- Managers, Front of House Team and the Bookings Team.
- Make sure relevant paperwork is current and up to date
We are looking for somebody who has passion, ambition and drive and can help us take The Pavilion to the next level
If successful at interview stage you will be asked to complete a paid trial day.