Guest Relations Assistant - Europe
Guest Relations Assistant
Locations: Greece, Portugal
We are recruiting for Guest Relations Assistants to be the face of Scott Dunn in a number of luxury five star hotels we work with across Europe. As Guest Relations Assistant you will be responsible for helping guests make the most of their holiday by being a point of contact for them during their stay and meeting any requests they have to make their holiday truly special. The Assistant works closely with the Guest Relations Manager and Children’s Club Manager, sharing the responsibility of managing the Scott Dunn standards in resort whilst looking after the Scott Dunn guests that are staying with us. The Guest Relations Assistant will support the Guest Relations Manager with the responsibility of overseeing the guests’ airport transfer and holiday bookings, the Explorers club and be expected to be in regular contact with all guests throughout their stay.
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager by checking residences prior to guest arrival and ensuring the delivery of pre-ordered equipment, welcome packs, children’s products and hampers
- Shopping for and the preparation of guest hampers
- To assist the Guest Relations Manager in making reservations for guests at recommended restaurants and confirm pre-booked reservations prior to guest arrival for tennis, water sports, private chef, personal trainer etc. Other requests may also be made, such as boat hire and water park trips – the bookings of which you will be expected to assist.
- Support the Guest Relations Manager with the planning of transfers each week – booking taxis/car hire accordingly. Discuss car seat requirements with Children’s Club Manager and keep track of taxi transfers so the appropriate payments can be made in the UK
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager with the meeting and greeting of guests during arrivals and departures.
- Update GIPS (Guest Information Profiling System) information on all guests
- Be aware of and comply with any pre-agreed budgets set by the GRM or childcare manager, which includes completing accurately and efficiently all paperwork and fulfilling all administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the resort
- Cover GRM day off, and ensure you are contactable and present in resort for any guest queries.
Abilities and Expectations
- Team player but also with the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and pro-active approach
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- A keen problem solver
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Excellent time-keeping and reliability
- Outstanding personal presentation
- Previous hospitality experience (preferably in a luxury setting)
- Computer literate
- Relevant customer service experience
- Full clean UK/EU Driving Licence is essential
- Basic Academics – including Maths, English and IT
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com