Aged 16-19 and looking for a career in Childcare in the Leeds area? - Leeds
This opportunity is ideal for someone wanting a career in child care. Our child care programmes enables you to work towards a qualification at level 1 or level 2 in Caring for Children.
You will gain valuable work experience, and will be supported into an apprenticeship/traineeship. You may be able to earn a bursary of up to £40 per week while you learn.
At YMCA training we are part of the world’s largest young people’s movement. For over 40 years we have been working with employers to give young people the confidence and skills to access a career. Our study programmes offer you a chance to progress onto further training such as an apprenticeship or into employment, helping you to understand what jobs are right for you, what is expected from you and develop those skills.
Our fast track to employment programmes offer:-
- A government bursary paid into your bank account
- Level 1 or Level 2 child care qualification
- Classroom based learning supported by work experience
- We measure our success on you either achieving employment or progressing onto an apprenticeship.
- And if your maths and English is something you wish to improve then we will work towards you achieving GCSE standards.
- We provide small group classroom environments in a less formal environment you might find in college
- Dedicated centres have IT zones and an environment of respect and inclusion
During your programme you will receive one-on-one training to help you gain business skills as well as help you decide what is the best suited career for you. We can offer you work experience with an employer, and a recognised qualification to put on your CV highlighting your readiness for a career.
YMCA Training is a national charity that has an impressive track record of transforming the lives of young people and adults through work-related apprenticeship training and employment support. We believe in setting inspiring goals and working closely with individuals and employers throughout the UK to develop personal, vocational and work-related skills that lead to employment.
Working from our own centres and employer premises throughout England, we are part of Central YMCA established in 1844 as the world's founding YMCA.
If you have any questions, email
Childcare Practitioner - Winter 19/20Easy Apply!