General Manager - Birmingham
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Old Joint Stock
The Old Joint Stock is one of Fuller's traditional 'Ale and Pie' pubs. Popular with Birmingham's after-work crowd, the Georgian pub also boasts its own theatre - expect a lively atmosphere on show nights.
A rare and wonderful high profile opportunity has become available to be the new General Manager of the iconic Old Joint Stock Pub and Theatre Venue in Birmingham.
Part of the Ale & Pie division of Fullers, The Old Joint Stock serves up traditional food and ale in the most stunning surroundings of a Grade II listed building in the heart of Birmingham city centre. Not only a pub; the Old Joint Stock boasts a theatre with its own production company, an impressive calendar of events and has done successful shows at the Edinburgh Festival for the last two years .
This is a live out position and the ideal candidate will already be an experienced General Manager.
As our General Manager, you’ll be the driving force behind the success of the pub.
Ultimately, the smiles on faces, the return visits and the positive reviews are all down to you - making this one of the most rewarding jobs in the hospitality business.
- Run a great pub, backed by the famous Fuller’s brewery
- Enjoy the freedom to make the pub your own
- Adopt a fantastic, friendly team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- Benefit from industry leading training and development.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
For any General Manager, Fuller’s is a special company to work for. You’ll get lots of help and support from Head Office when you need it, but also plenty of encouragement to put your own spin on the pub.
You can take plenty of pride in the role too, knowing that Fuller’s ales, food and service has a reputation as some of the very best in the business.
You’ll need to be commercially minded, making the right decisions to keep customers pouring through the doors. Importantly though, you’ll be a people-person too - mindful that to many, you’re still a good old-fashioned ‘Landlord’.
And of course, you’ll have a team to look after. So we’re looking for somebody with true leadership qualities – able to keep both the customers and the team smiling.
- You’ll be great at leading a team
- You should be highly motivated and commercially focused
- You’ll need to be a great communicator
- You should have previous management experience
Please understand that we will need proof of your right to work in the UK.