Catering Assistant - Hook
Food Service Assistant - Enterprise House - Hook
Reports to: Roger Mountjoy & Ian Mitchell
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
To provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service in the location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of food and snacks.
- To keep the front of house clean, tidy and fully stocked during service times.
- Providing a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
- By providing cover when busy on the cash till.
- To assist in wash up area when Kitchen Porter is busy or cover when Kitchen Porter is on holiday.
Skills and Attributes
- To be able to communicate to customers and staff members.
- Good organisational skills.
- To be numerate as counting cash and till work involved.
- To have a friendly, pleasant personality.
- To have a smart, clean appearance.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ideally candidate has some catering experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- To have a passion for food and good service skills.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Floor Team - HookEasy Apply!