Senior Sous Chef - Seasonal - France
Senior Sous Chef - Hotel Portetta Courchevel 1650
We are now recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to support the Head Chef leading our kitchen team for the winter season 2019/20 and beyond. £30,000 - £34,000 pa DOE plus accommodation and meals (not a typical ski season salary).
As part of a group of award-winning UK based hotels with properties all over the south coast we can offer year-round roles for those who want them, why not Ski the Winter and Surf the Summer away in Cornwall whilst developing a great career!
Angela Hartnett has taken to the slopes of Courchevel with ‘Cucina Angelina’, our restaurant within Hotel Portetta. The hotel is part of the award-winning Lime Wood and The Pig Hotel Group.
The restaurant is a unique offering in Courchevel 1650. Cucina Angelina serves Italian influenced mountain food – the best Italian kitchen specialties with a nod to the local Savoyard cuisine. Plenty of locally sourced produce and a terrific range of meats grilled on an open range within the restaurant.
In addition to Cucina Angelina we have our outdoor terrace bar and restaurant ‘Fire and Ice.’ Positioned at the bottom of the main piste with a wood fired oven, we serve a range of lunches, snacks and drinks. Fire and Ice is a popular and busy venue throughout the day and into Après Ski time.
About the role:
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Sous Chef who understands the challenges of winter seasonal work.
You are there to support the Head Chef and lead the kitchen team overseeing a hotel operation covering breakfast lunch and dinner, working alongside Executive Chef Angela Hartnett.
There will be a strong focus on leadership in this role ensuring the brigade are motivated, trained and supported. Experience of managing a large team is essential. You will need to understand and manage the challenges of leading a team in the seasonal mountain environment, working closely with the hotel management team to ensure full customer satisfaction.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Proven experience as Snr Sous or Sous Chef with a passion for great ingredients, knowledge of French classics plus Italian styles, especially fresh pasta
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management leading a large brigade of 20
- Able to run the kitchen and pass in absence of the Head Chef
- Calm under pressure, comfortable dealing with large volume 200+ lunch and 100+ dinner
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Conversational French is an advantage although not essential
What you’ll get:
Apart from the opportunity to work with Angela and her fantastic team you will receive:
- Salary UK £30,000 - £34,000 DOE or equivalent in Euro (not a typical ski season salary)
- Travel to resort & Accommodation
- Meals on duty
- Full Training
- Holiday (to be taken at the end of the season)
- An opportunity for continued employment in one of our UK hotels after the season
What to do now:
Apply to us using the link with a full CV and cover letter
Candidates must be able to travel to France and start work in November and must be available for the full winter season (approx. end April)
Whilst this is primarily a winter seasonal role we can offer positions throughout our group of hotels and restaurants for year-round or summer work if required. We anticipate this role to take the Head Chef position the following winter season.
Unfortunately, we are unable to support Visa applications you must have the full right to work in EU
We look forward to hearing from you.