Relief Chef Manager - Slough
Relief Chef Manager - Slough (M25 - Surrey Area)
Location: A radius of approx. 30/40 miles covering Slough / Surrey / Berkshire / M25-M40 Area
Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week, or as required by the needs of the business
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum
Blue Apple is an experienced contract caterer specialising in bringing ‘high street cafe culture’ to the workplace. With a diverse range of clients, we pride ourselves on creating fresh food solutions to meet their needs; we do simple sarnies really well, hospitality that’s heavenly, delectable fine dining and anything else in between.
We have an opportunity for an innovative and creative Relief Chef Manager to cover during the absence of the Unit Chef Manager in several of our up-beat units. You will be there to plan, prepare, organise and manage the food and beverage service. You will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the operation to a high standard.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Lead the catering team by creating an environment in which they can perform at their best
- Ensure we deliver the best catering service within budget
- ·Monitor the service and our food offering so that it constantly exceeds customers’ expectations
- Design exciting and innovative menus and cook our food offering to the highest standards
- Ensure compliance at all time with all Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and other regulations, policies and procedures
- Build and maintain excellent client and customer relationships so that you work in partnership and deliver a service that meets their needs
- Manage stock levels and oversee the ordering process
- Ensure all cash is safely counted, stored and recorded
- Recruit, develop and carry out performance reviews for your team
- Ensure the kitchen and dining areas are immaculately clean at all times
A full clean driving licence is essential. Business Mileage will be paid upon the production of valid receipts.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate an affinity with our values, a track record of leading teams to success, and strong client and customer relationship building skills. Previous catering experience and knowledge of budget management and processes and procedures would be useful. You will have C&G 7061 or 7062 or NVQ equivalent.