Chef - Gatwick
Chef – Spire Gatwick Hospital
Chef | Hospitality | up to £23,000 | Gatwick | Full Time and Part Time hours available
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital in Horley, has exciting opportunities for an experienced Chef de Partie to move into a Chef position. You will join our Hospitality and Facilities team on a Full-time basis of 5 days per week, or Part-time basis of 3 day per week. You will be part of a team that prides itself on providing exemplary quality food and service to our Patients, Visitors and Colleagues at all times
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital is just a few miles away from Gatwick Airport. Central London and Victoria station are a 30 minute train ride away. The hospital consists of two outpatient areas and a Bupa Health Assessment centre. There are two ward areas with 29 single rooms, a two bedded emergency recovery unit with a sixteen bedded day care unit and five single rooms. There are three operating theatres - two with laminar flow.
Shift patterns are as follows;
07:00 – 15:00 / 08:00 – 16:00 / 11:00 – 19:00
Please only apply if you can commit to working within these shifts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working within the catering team to provide freshly cooked meals for our patients and staff, adhering to all aspects of the catering policy ensuring that we maintain our 5 star rating from EHO.
- Being responsible for your own prep lists and time management throughout the day to ensure meals are served at the correct times and that all daily prep is completed.
- There will be times when you will be working on your own so a clean as you go approach must be followed.
Who we're looking for
- 1 year kitchen experience
- NVQ level 2 in cookery skills, previous experience working with vulnerable/elderly/dietary requirements would be desired but not essential.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.