Bar Person - Work in Europe!
Bar Person - Work in Europe!
Average wage £750 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
The bar team are an integral part of our winter operation. You'll provide a slick efficient bar service and generate additional income for the business. You'll need to be professional, approachable with an outgoing personality and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of customers. You should have the drive to succeed in exceeding your bar targets and the ability to monitor your results. A creative approach is the key to ensuring that your bar is one that our customers want to visit.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You'll be able to manage the bar area, either alone or as part of a team
- Producing an income plan with your line manager at the start of the season
- Be motivated to drive sales for our beverage products wherever possible
- Able to set up and deliver various events
- Able to serve tables and assist the restaurant staff when required
- Help out with other areas of the hotel as requested
- Reconcile and account for all sales during shifts
- Able to maintain bar stock to a sufficient level and monitor spend
- Able to monitor and record all wastage or breakages in line with company procedures
- Ensure that the bar itself and the bar area are cleaned to a high standard at all times
- Provide excellent customer service in a friendly and professional manner
- Create positive working relationships with all team members
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all guests
- To be an ambassador for Neilson at all times, both in the hotel and around the resort
- Provide information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
Qualifications and experience required:
- Previous bar experience, hospitality and customer service
- Have an interest in skiing/snowboarding and able to communicate this with our customers
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience cashing up and accounting for daily takings
- Computer literate and capable of quickly and accurately learning new programs/procedures
- A formal hospitality qualification and/or dedicated beverage course (desirable)
- Experience of working overseas and ski or boarding experience (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Excellent knowledge of beverage service, brands, products and cocktails
- Proven experience in a sales environment (F&B industry is desirable)
- Able to use your own initiative whilst under pressure
- To be flexible with your work hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with our guests
- To display a consistently high level of service and maintain standards
- Ability to work well within a result orientated team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Self-motivated, hardworking and organised
- Excellent appearance with a high standard of personal grooming
- Welcoming, attentive, outgoing, friendly
- Professional at all times
- Punctual and flexible