Kitchen Porter - Work in Europe!
Kitchen Porter - Work in Europe!
Average wage £800 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary:
As a sous chef, you will assist the head chef in all aspects of the running of the kitchen and the training of the team. You will also be responsible for the kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
You will have proven experience in all areas of food preparation, HACCAP and take pride in the results you achieve. You will also make sure your team always adhere to the Neilson allergen procedures and create a consistently enjoyable dining experience for all guests.
We are always looking for approachable people to build great working relationships and great working environments. You will assist the head chef wherever asked and through this experience, you will start to learn the role throughout the season. This is a great career progression opportunity for you to become a fantastic head chef for Neilson!
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To deliver a menu that is suitable for the requirements of the operation and within the constraints of the budget
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Consistently achieve targeted CSQ’s
- To develop, design and train staff to support the production of a varied a la carte menu that meets the needs of the operation
- To promote and ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- To be customer service orientated at all times and to encourage direct feedback from our guests
- To consistently assist the Head chef in the implementation of training and making variations to menus in order to meet guests requirements throughout the season
- To assist in the purchasing of good quality produce
- Display a professional approach at all times whilst ensuring financial restraints are being adhered to
- To monitor/record all wastage and breakages in line with company procedures
- To develop a positive working relationship with all teams
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and to pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To ensure that procedures are put in place to prevent the loss of stocks and revenue
- To carry out any other duties as requested by a member of the management team
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Formal Catering qualifications
- Current Food Hygiene certificate and HACCP training
- Proven experience in managing teams
- At least 2 years experience in providing extensive design and food presentation in hot/cold buffet menus and a la carte dining
- Experience in catering for a large number of guests, preferably within a hotel environment
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of the Travel industry (desirable)
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Display constant high standards and levels of service
- Lead by example
- Be a positive and effective communicator within your team and with guests
- Experience and training in various food styles
- The ability to motivate and train team members to achieve objectives
- To be flexible with working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- Hard working, self-motivated and works well under pressure with a desire to succeed
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Friendly and approachable in nature