Duty Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Downham Health & Leisure Centre
As a Duty Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the highest levels of customer service to all users, guests and external contractors at the development and will be the first and main point of contact for all queries within the centre.
As a Duty Manager, your key day-to-day duties involve the operation of the entire Centre facility, reporting into the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the facility is appropriately staffed to provide service excellence for the customer in accordance with the daily programme
- To co-ordinate the timely setting up and setting down of equipment in order that activities run smoothly and customers are not inconvenienced by poor time management.
- To ensure all team members are aware of the daily plan and their involvement within it and as a consequence all objectives are met.
- To circulate regularly amongst customers and team members to gain a better understanding of the needs of both through feedback and dialogue.
- To ensure lines of communication are fully used in order that the site operates to the highest standard.
- To ensure quality standards are met at all times through the adherence to a quality management programme, excellence in customer service and the provision of a clean and tidy environment.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act and as a result health & safety procedures are fully met on site, including participation in twice yearly refresher training.
- To ensure daily building checks are completed and recorded and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident / injury or likely to render the buildings, structures, plant and equipment unsafe.
- The checks to include regular checks of the alarm systems and fire exits as prescribed in the quality management system ensuring that any failure of the system is reported and repaired as a matter of urgency.
- In addition as a result of the daily building and equipment checks to report and organise repair of any building or equipment fault / failure following the procedures outlined in the quality management system.
- To organise team members rotas and team member cover ensuring that staffing levels match programme requirements and budgetary allowances. Particular reference must be paid to poolside staff and the rotation of their duties on and off poolside.
- To check and authorise weekly timesheets and / or additional hours sheets against the team rotas and signing in / out registers.
- To be responsible for team member recruitment, induction, training and development, appraisals and team member performance of those team members for whom there is direct line responsibility.
- To monitor the cleaning programme on a daily basis and ensure it is in accordance with the cleaning specification and that the facilities are always maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- To conduct pool water tests / monitor pool water conditions advising the management team of any action taken to adjust conditions if they vary from the prescribed limits.
- To ensure the pool maintenance programme is undertaken on a regular basis and action is taken where failure of the system is identified.
- To ensure company standards are met and team members comply with Company rules and procedures as outlined in the quality management system especially with regard to cashing up and financial procedures.
- To participate, in conjunction with team members in the creation of the site’s plan, taking into account the requirements of the Company Plan, budgets and marketing plans.
- To assist the /Contract manager with the preparation of the site budget and achievement of all aspects of expenditure control and income generation by taking advantage of cross selling opportunities arising from daily contact with customers.
- To complete from time to time other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager / Contract or Manager or any other member of the management team.
- To undertake a role as a sales buster when no sales advisors are able to assist customers with membership enquiries
Skills and Experience
- Good written and verbal command in the English Language and have a thorough knowledge of the Hospitality industry
- Good standards of computer literacy in Microsoft Office software
- Health and Safety experience
- Significant experience gained within a similar role
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Good communicator with excellent people skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time often switching from one to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Must be detailed oriented, friendly and organised
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Be confident enough to manage a demanding team
- Pool Plant trained
- First Aid and/or RLSS Emergency Responder qualified
- RLSS Pool Tainer Assessor Qualified
Working for 1Life
Working for 1Life is rewarding. All staff receive a learning and development plan throughout their career, with a line manager giving clear direction and scope, no matter what the role.
We also offer competitive salaries, excellent company benefits and a comprehensive reward and recognition scheme to ensure that loyalty, dedication and hard work are rewarded.
1Life is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with Investors in People Silver Award.
This is a full time vacancy, which the shifts cover the whole of the business hours so you must be able to work all of them.
Apply for Duty Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly