Inclusive Multi Sport and Activity Coach - Seaford
5 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Inclusive Multi Sport and Activity Coach - Downs Leisure Centre, Seaford
Hours: 20 hours per week
Wave Leisure Trust Limited (Wave) is a Charity and Social Enterprise with a purpose of “Inspiring Active Lifestyles” and a Vision, “To be at the heart of the improvement of health and wellbeing within the Community”.
Formed in 2006, Wave is recognised as an award-winning Trust, managing fifteen leisure facilities, Sky High Trampoline Park and Newhaven Fort along with providing a vast range of activity programmes and outreach initiatives.
Supporting well over one million active customer visits on an annual basis, Wave ensures all surplus revenues generated from activities are reinvested back into the community in the form of facility developments and refurbishments, new programmes of activity or outreach initiatives.
Working across a range of sectors including Sport and Activity, Education, Public Health and Adult Social Care, Wave helps people of all ages and ability levels to be active, how they want, where they want, when they want.
The Post in Context
The Community and Health Improvement Team provide opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity, across the Lewes District and Eastbourne, not just within Wave facilities but out in the community to include; Schools, Colleges, Care Homes, Community Centre’s and open spaces.
Purpose of the Post
Principally working to engage and support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families (but not exclusively) to take part in sports, activities & awards, across the Lewes District and Eastbourne, not just within Wave facilities but out in the community to include; Schools, Colleges, Care Homes, Community Centre’s and open spaces.
Aiming to improve confidence, social interaction and life skills through fun, engaging activities tailored to the needs to the participants. As an Inclusive Multi Sport and Activities Coach you will plan and deliver sessions to targeted groups, during term time and holidays based around inclusive activities under the Wave Adventure brand. The sessions aim to teach children about their surrounding environments - to conserve and protect through a range of outdoor tasks and activities.
Summary of Main Duties and Activities
- Support participants with a range of SEND needs including mild learning difficulties, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum conditions, and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
- To plan, prepare and deliver, fun and high-quality sessions, appropriate to the level and ability of the group (mainly children and/or young people and their families), particularly for those who are new to activity or have higher needs of support.
- Delivery within a community setting, for those unable access activities within a Wave facility.
- Assist in the development of other activities, which may include play, non-sporting sessions and outdoor adventure activities.
- Meet families to sign post young people into suitable activities based around their needs and abilities
- Work alongside local organisations to process referrals into supported sessions
- Work closely with colleagues to support current campaigns to promote physical activity and mental wellbeing within and beyond Wave venues and into the community.
- Identify, audit and keep tidy sports equipment and resources, appropriate to activities.
Health and Safety
- To exercise all due care in respect of Health and Safety at Work and carry out the requirements of the Trust’s systems and procedures on Health and Safety.
- Ensure good practice and implementing first aid and safeguarding procedures when necessary
- Administrative duties related to (but not limited to) maintaining registers for attendance, resources, organising, letter writing and reporting.
- Contribute to reporting, collecting and recording attendance data, necessary for ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Audit activities, as part of the review and development of projects.
- Support Wave’s Community and Activities Coordinator to report, identify case studies and good practice/stories for effective communication of the projects.
- The post holder will be required to work out in the community, away from Wave sites as when required.
- To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake such other duties as appropriate to the grade and designation of the post as required.
Apply for Inclusive Multi Sport and Activity Coach - Seaford
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly