Mini bus driver - Kingston upon Thames
Are you passionate about working with the elderly? Do you want the opportunity to develop and help support the running of activity programmes which will benefit the lives of residents? Are you fed up of not being rewarded for your hard work and dedication to your job? Do you want to work in a luxurious, modern care home where you can contribute to giving residents the highest quality of life?
About the role:
This is a Bank/Zero hours contract.
The Mini bus driver will work as part of the Activities Team and is responsible for providing safe, timely and courteous transportation for residents to and from various activities while providing quality service.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Ensure the home's vehicle is in good working condition and perform monthly and pre-trip vehicle inspections
- Ensure familiar with the risk assessments for the safe operation of the home's vehicle
- Ensure residents are seated appropriately, if necessary testing before the departure day that residents are able to sit comfortably and safely in the vehicle, moving the seats as required to meet resident's needs.
- Ensure that all passengers in the home's vehicle are aware of and comply with the Health and Safety instructions for the operation of the home's vehicle
- Ensure effective communication with residents and families, notifying the Care Services Manager or appropriate Care Manager of any changes in a resident's condition or behaviour.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Applicable Driving License for the role
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures.
- Able to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Ability to operate a chair lift if applicable and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters
- Full clean driving license
- Past experience with the elderly would be desirable
- An outgoing personality with a sensitive sense of humour
About our Benefits:
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
About the Company:
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand. These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is “delivering peace of mind”, peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind for their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!