Kitchen Assistant - Epsom
*Free taxi service for employees of Rosebery Manor from 4 local train stations to and from the home*
*Train stations are - Banstead, Epsom Downs, Epsom, Sutton*
Do you want to work in luxurious, modern kitchen facilities? Are you looking for a job where you can develop and grow in your role? Do you want to combine your passion for food with the ability to making a real difference to the lives of our residents? Is being valued for what you do important?
About the role.
The Kitchen Assistant supports all catering functions within the Signature home and, alongside the Head Chef and other catering staff, ensures that standard operating procedures and high quality customer care are delivered. In addition, he or she will ensure that all kitchen services are efficient and that the required Health and Safety measures are adhered to within the department. The Kitchen Porter assists with all working areas within the home’s kitchen.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Support the Head Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef and other catering staff to manage and deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring that resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
- Prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas.
- Prepare special diet meals as needed and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems to minimise waste and ensure these are in place.
- Participate in events held at the Signature home.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Able to take direction from a number of chefs and management.
- Previous experience working in a Kitchen environment.
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable individual.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and manage personal relationships.
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand.These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is “delivering peace of mind”, peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!
Kitchen Porter - LeatherheadEasy Apply!