Maintenance Assistant - Epsom
*Free taxi service for employees of Rosebery Manor from 4 local train stations to and from the home*
*Train stations are - Banstead, Epsom Downs, Epsom, Sutton*
Are you an adept and flexible Maintenance Engineer who can turn your hand to anything? Do you want to work in luxurious, modern facilities? Are you fed up of your hard work not being recognised?
About the role:
The main function of this role is to support and assist the Maintenance Manager in maintaining all areas within the home on a daily basis. The Maintenance Assistant’s primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for the residents. It is a hands-on team player role, preparing vacant rooms for new residents, and by responding to and resolving concerns promptly.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the home including any faults or repairs which may need to be corrected within your capability and company guidelines.
- Give support to all Heads of Departments in looking at areas that may need altering or improving and perform all preventative maintenance tasks to the best of your ability.
- Respond in a timely manner to all maintenance requests and concerns raised by residents, family members and team members according to the home’s log book process.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment is kept in safe working order.
- Report all potential accidents and make sure that any accidents are recorded in the appropriate place and in line with Signature procedures.
Carry out PAT Testing (Portable Appliance Testing) of all electrical items in accordance with legislative guidelines. Preparing and updating PAT Testing file.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Computer literacy advantageous at basic level.
- PAT testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Fire Training or Fire Marshall.
- Understanding of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations.
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme) certificate to access site.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- A can do attitude and a willingness to help a variety of people carrying out a variety of duties.
About our Benefits:
Here at Signature, we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
About the Company:
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand.These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is “delivering peace of mind”, peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind for their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!
Greenkeeper - LeatherheadEasy Apply!