Activities Assistant - Camberley
We are currently looking for someone who can drive a minibus and commit to one day per week to support our activities team.
Are you passionate about working with the elderly? Do you want the opportunity to develop and help support the running of activities programmes which will benefit the lives of residents? Are you fed up of not being rewarded for your hard work and dedication to your job? Do you want to work in a luxurious, modern care home where you can contribute to giving residents the highest quality of life?
About the role.
The Activities Assistant will work as part of the Activities Team and will be primarily responsible for promoting and delivering individual and group social activities within Signature’s care philosophy. The activities will be designed to meet the needs of each resident, while promoting social skills as well as retaining and improving physical and mental activity where possible. You will work within a team ethos with the resident’s choices, dignity, independence and personal safety being at the core of all activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Assist in organising and participating in key events held throughout the year, for example, the summer fete, seasonal celebrations, parties, charity events and so on.
- Consideration will be given to each resident’s personal choices and support or care needs when developing home-based activities arrangements.
- Provide ongoing support for the residents, their families and the Care Services Team.
- Support resident and relative home meetings and participation forums, assisting the Activities Manager in developing a resident newsletter at least every three months.
- Creatively gain feedback from residents, their families and the staff team to ensure that the activities offered are relevant and meet the residents’ needs and choices
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Level 2 (QCF) Supporting Activities Provision in Social Care – beneficial but not essential.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to organise and prioritise workload, and work under pressure.
- A caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- The ability to make responsible choices and decisions, while acting in the residents best interest
- Past experience with the elderly would be desirable
- The ability to lead and actively motivate volunteers to encourage residents to take part in appropriate activities
- An outgoing personality with a sensitive sense of humour
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
- Extremely competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are both attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand.These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is “delivering peace of mind”, peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!
Become a Personal Trainer - CamberleyEasy Apply!