Web Developer - Holywell
Web Developer - Talacre, Holywell
One of the UK’s fastest growing leisure and tourism brands Darwin Escapes is now looking to recruit a WordPress Developer with strong backend skills to join our team in North Wales. The Web Developer position is an exciting new opportunity within the Head Office Marketing team at Darwin Escapes. This is an excellent chance for someone with a strong background in web development and a passion for the area to take on a challenging role.
This position will see the successful candidate taking on a number of important responsibilities in the development, improvement and running of our website. This will include tasks such as building the backend of our WordPress website, managing content migrations, monitoring and contributing to the internal development processes and completing update projects.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding portfolio, a strong ability to solve issues and propose alternative solutions to visual and functional challenges and be an experienced technical web developer with a creative and innovative approach.
We are looking for someone who has ambition and drive to continually learn and grow, has strong communication and collaboration skills in a team and with clients and is a keen practitioner of coding standards, best practices, accessibility and security.
This is a full time position with a competitive salary. Salary is negotiable dependant on prior experience.
The Web Developer position is ideal for any candidates searching for web development roles within the Prestatyn and Chester areas.
- Building the backend of our WordPress website and associated projects, including custom WordPress theming and plugins
- Working with advanced custom fields (and Gutenberg eventually)
- Developing integrations and working with APIs
- Working in a team with other backend / front end developers depending on the requirements of the business
- Contributing to our internal development processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Contributing to our internal best practices and coding standards
- Technical planning and estimation around new projects
- Managing content migrations
- Overseeing server migrations, DevOps and DNS changes
What experience you will need
- At least 3 years experience in WordPress and Payment Gateway integration
- Experience in building websites optimised for a variety of devices
What skills you will need
- Comfortable working with more complex PHP and MySQL
- Strong ability in front end technologies HTML5, CSS and Responsive Web Design
- Strong communication skills within a team and with clients, through all mediums
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks to given deadlines
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions