Multi Skilled Production Engineer - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
up to £40,000 Annualised Salary depending on experience.Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: Monday - Sunday, rotating shift pattern 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm & 10pm - 6am
Sunday working at busy periods is also expected. Full flexiblity across all shifts is required.
Electrical Bias required.
Based: Balliol Hours: Annualised Hours – 40 Report to: Engineering Manager We are currently looking to recruit a Shift Engineer working an average of 40 hours per week, based on 3 shift rotating pattern to maintain and improve the performance of production facilities, equipment and services at the Balliol in a safe and effective manner, working collaboratively with the Engineering and Site Management teams. Key Responsibilities
Maintenance of all plant machinery, production facilities and equipment on site.
Participates in the projects to improve the safety and operation of equipment and minimise future maintenance requirements
Coordinates maintenance and project activities with all relevant parties
Follows all Company procedures regarding site safety and risk management
Builds effective working relationships with production colleagues
Collects, maintains and analyses information to establish operating patterns/trends
Analyses, diagnoses and interprets findings and takes appropriate action to resolve the issue
Ensures own and others activities comply with agreed Food Safety and Health and Safety standards
- Educated to a minimum ONC standard or equivalent (with an understanding of how a Bakery Engineering function works)
- A recognised apprenticeship in an electrical/mechanical engineering discipline
- Proven fault finding expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the food industry
- Experience of working to planned maintenance schedules
- Multi-skilled with an electrical bias
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents).
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.To apply: Please complete your application online at www.greggsfamily.co.uk. If you would like to have an informal chat with regards to the role please call Martin Hallissey on 0191 2151150 Closing date for applications: 30th June 2019