Linen Porter - London
Linen Porter - Holiday Inn Kensington
The Housekeeping department is key to ensuring that the guest feels secure, safe in knowledge that their room is treated with care, preparations for the guest arrivals in done correctly and in time. As well as creating an atmosphere of hospitality, the linen porter must to always be welcoming to guests and to attend to any of their requests. Any reasonable request can come via the Housekeeping department or Senior Management Team.
Duties and responsibilities
• Additional guest requirements are actioned swiftly and ensuring the guest is satisfied.
• Support Housekeepers, Housekeeping supervisors Head Housekeeper and Executive Head Housekeeper and the training manager when necessary
• The ability to work flexible working hours to match the needs of the hotel
• Assist with laundry operations including any deliveries
• Great organisational skills and work successfully as part of a wider team
• Assist with deep cleaning projects, refurbishment when requested and job of the day
• Assist housekeepers during very busy times
• Report maintenance issues on WorkDo
• Follow Health and Safety processes and procedures
• To take care of all Hotel equipment required to carry out duties and to report defects immediately
• Stripping and stocking guest rooms and storage rooms.
• Delivering roll-away, cribs, and amenities
• Assist in keeping the linen rooms clean and orderly.
• Place linen and trash bags in designated areas for pick-up by Head Porter.
• Accountable for the linen delivery in the plant room and report to the Head porter any missing items.
• Responsible of all plant room to be fully stock with amenities
• Responsible of any breakage or rubbish left on the floor and loading bay area rubbish to tidy
• Ensuring the supply of linen to the hotel is maintained in accordance with set par stocks.
• Basic duties will include: Counting all clean and dirty linen, reporting any damaged or dirty linen, maintaining a clean and tidy department –
• Reporting any damaged or missing items to the Floor Supervisor
• Carrying out guest requests such as extra beds, pillows, bathroom supplies
• Compliance with all Health and Safety requirements
• Maintaining all equipment and work areas, including key security
• To use PPE, following COSSH regulations and to work according the Health & Safety guidelines the Management has given. To actively promote a safe working environment on a day to day basis.
• To attend training and departmental meetings as requested
• To report any suspicious activity in the hotel’s premises immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor
• Hoover the guest corridors and skirting board
• To follow the Lost Property procedures of the Housekeeping Department
• To follow the fire procedures and to ensure that it will be adhered to.
• To be fully conversant with the Hotel’s Code of Conduct and its implementation.
• Comply with the Rota system to the Housekeeping Departmental standards. Follow guidelines regarding the control of waste in your department.
• Any other reasonable request from the supervisor, Head Housekeeper or Executive Housekeeper
• Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies
Key performance indicators:
• Attention to details
• Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectation by delivering items quickly
• Confident team player who can create and maintain a positive attitude with a CAN Do mentality
• Team player
• Ability to work to strict timescales
• Assist with bed configuration and audit
• Comfortable to work in a high pressurised environment
• Ability to smile at all times
• This role requires an element of manual handling which can include carrying heavy loads
• Able to use different tools in housekeeping (shampoo machine or steam machine)
• Previous experience of working within a similar environment is desirable
• To speak and write in fluent English and to use correct communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all personality types.
• Ability to understand and carry out verbal & written instructions independently.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights.
• Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking,
sitting, and carry repetitively and for long periods of time.
• Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
• Attention to details.
- Meals on duty
- Staff uniform
- Company pension contribution after you passing your probation period
- Recommend a friend fee
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Dry cleaning of your uniform (if applicable)
- Training fund assistance of NVQ’s
- Awards and Recognition Programme
- Seasonal annual parties
- Staff rate with IHG hotels globally