Room Attendant - London
Room Attendant - Holiday Inn Kensington
The Housekeeping department is key to ensuring that the guest feels secure, safe in knowledge that their room is treated with care, preparations for the guest arrivals in done correctly and in time, plus that any additional requests such as additional towels, and maintenance repairs are completed swiftly and to a very high standard.
As a Room Attendant, you will be responsible for providing the highest standards of customer care, ensuring the guest rooms are of the highest standard, greeting and acknowledging each guest which a smile and engaging with our guest, to allow the Hotel to meet its targets to ensure that guest satisfaction is paramount.
Duties and responsibilities
• To report to work in good time, clean and wearing the correct uniform. Demonstrate a high level of personal hygiene and ensure the whole team adheres to this.
• Ensure that all bedroom and bathroom areas are cleaned to highest of standards
• Additional guest requirements are actioned swiftly and ensuring the guest is satisfied.
• This vital role will include changing of bedrooms for a swift change around working to tight timelines, with the support of a Housekeeping porter and supervisor
• The ability to work flexible working hours to match the needs of the hotel
• Great organisational skills and work successfully as part of a wider team
• Report maintenance issues on WorkDo via the supervisor
• Complete deep cleaning when required by the floor supervisor
• To follow all health, safety and hygiene requirements when undertaking tasks throughout the Hotel
• Follow Health and Safety processes and procedures
• To take care of all Hotel equipment required to carry out duties and to report defects immediately
• To do this job well, you’ll be a details person: someone who walks into a room and takes a second to spot a curtain that needs straightening or a bedsheet that needs smoothing.
• Beyond an eye for detail, this role calls for a thoughtful nature: our best Room Attendants are those who look for ways to please our guests, sometimes in unexpected ways.
• To use PPE, following COSSH regulations and to work according the Health & Safety guidelines the Management has given. To actively promote a safe working environment on a day to day basis.
• Complete cleaning tasks on assigned rooms, hotel areas and floors within the prescribed timeframes.
• Carry towels, linens, toiletry and cleaning supplies, using the assigned hotel wheeled carts.
• Perform the cleaning in accordance with hotel standards, safety and cleanliness standards.
• Clean waste bins, empty and clean/replace ashtrays if needed and dispose of all trash and waste items from rooms.
• Replenish kitchen and refrigerator supplies if needed.
• Replenish drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
• working in pairs for crew rooms if requested
• To follow the Lost Property procedures of the Housekeeping Department and to ensure that it will be adhered to.
• To follow the fire procedures, to ensure that it will be adhered to
• To report any suspicious activity in the hotel’s premises immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
• Making sure to reject the linen not up to standard and place it in a brown bag.
• Follow a logical order or service: understand the requirements of the guests needs and respond quickly, efficiently and affectingly. To promote a helpful image to clients and give full co-operation to any customer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude and to anticipate guests needs whenever possible, to enhance quality of the service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction.
• Deal with complaints appropriately and report them to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
• Be prepared to assist in other departments and carry out other reasonable tasks and responsibilities outside normal routine but within the overall scope of the job as deemed necessary by management.
• To communicate with colleagues and to ensure the passing of information is two way.
• To be fully conversant with the Hotel’s Code of Conduct and its implementation.
• Comply with the Rota system to the Housekeeping Departmental standards. Follow guidelines regarding the control of waste in your department.
• Clean as you go, ensuring your office environment is kept tidy at any time.
• Ensure that service carts are well-stocked for the assigned floors and hotel areas.
• Sweep, mop and polish floors, using approved hotel cleaning tools.
• Clean rugs and carpets, upholsteries, curtains and draperies, using specified vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
• Dust window blinds and rearrange draperies to their original placements
• To attend training and departmental meetings as requested
• Any other reasonable request from the supervisor, Head Housekeeper or Executive Housekeeper
• Follow evacuation rules in case of emergencies
Key performance indicators:
• Attention to details
• Someone who is passionate about exceeding guest expectation
• Confident team player who can create and maintain a positive attitude with a CAN Do mentality
• Team player
• Ability to work to strict timescales
• Comfortable to work in a high pressurised environment
• Ability to smile at all times
• This role requires an element of manual handling
• Should be dependable, responsible, honest and hart working
• Should be able to follow directions
• Should have good interpersonal skills to get along with other people
• Should have manual dexterity in the use of cleaning tools and appliances
• To be able to work under pressure at any given time.
• To manage all task within the appropriate time given for that task.
• To clean to a consistent and correct standard as per Standard Operational Procedures
• To give full co-operation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Previous experience of working within a similar environment is desirable
• To speak Basic English and to use correct communication skills.
- Meals on duty
- Staff uniform
- Company pension contribution after you passing your probation period
- Recommend a friend fee
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Dry cleaning of your uniform (if applicable)
- Training fund assistance of NVQ’s
- Awards and Recognition Programme
- Seasonal annual parties
- Staff rate with IHG hotels globally
- We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day.