Operations Manager - Huddersfield
Operations Manager - Climb Huddersfield
Kirklees Active Leisure is pleased to advertise this vacancy on behalf of Climb Huddersfield.
Climb Huddersfield will be a friendly and welcoming climbing and bouldering facility for all! Located within Huddersfield Leisure Centre, it's a modern, purpose-built climbing facility with bouldering, lead, top rope and auto-belays.
As a new business, we are looking for people who are motivated and able to offer a wide range of skills. There will be opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the business, and training is available. We offer flexible working, a range of benefits including free climbing, discounts on equipment, and all the roles are available on a job-share basis for the right candidate
The role of Operations Manager is a key role within the new business and the post-holder will oversee the day-to-day operations of the centre, providing a reference point regarding the management of daily activities for staff and customers, while ensuring that health & safety procedures are followed, and customer service standards are high.
The post-holder will be responsible for the line management of the Duty Manager & Instructors.
The key areas that this role will focus on are:
Customer Service Management
Health & Safety Management
Sales / Marketing Management
The ideal candidate will be:
- An inspiring Leader - works co-operatively, takes ownership, mentors and guides colleagues
- Able to deal with operational problems as and when they arise
- The ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop staff
- Have good communication skills - confident, articulate and effective in dealing with customers and staff
- Clear Customer service focus
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of climbing wall industry trends
- IT skills
- CWI/RCI essential preferably with lead module
- Previous experience of working in a climbing centre or outdoor centre
- Experience of maintaining facilities to operational standards whether by own direct input or using external contractors
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including weekends
To apply for this role click ' Apply Now' to view the Job Description for this role and e-mail your CV / Covering Letter.