Duty Manager / Instructor - Huddersfield
Duty Manager / Instructor - Huddersfield Leisure Centre
Kirklees Active Leisure is pleased to advertise this vacancy on behalf of Climb Huddersfield.
Climb Huddersfield will be a friendly and welcoming climbing and bouldering facility for all! Located within Huddersfield Leisure Centre, it's a modern, purpose-built climbing facility with bouldering, lead, top rope and auto-belays.
As a new business, we are looking for people who are motivated and able to offer a wide range of skills. There will be opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the business, and training is available. We offer flexible working, a range of benefits including free climbing, discounts on equipment, and all the roles are available on a job-share basis for the right candidate
The role of Duty Manager / Instructor is a key dual role within the centre requiring successful applicants to manage the day to day operation of the centre as well as delivering a wide range of courses, from introductory sessions to one-to-one coaching. Working closely with the Operations Manager (Climb Huddersfield), you will be helping to make the centre as customer-friendly as possible. As such, the role is very varied, and offers potential for someone who wishes to progress from a purely instructing role to one with management responsibility.
The post-holder will be responsible for the line management of Instructors.
The key areas that this role will focus on are:
- Customer Service Management
- Health & Safety Management
- Line Management
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about climbing indoors and able to communicate this to fellow climbers
- Reliable, with excellent customer service skills and a drive for self-development
- Good Communications skills-confident, articulate and effective influencer
- Clear Customer service focus
- Can resolve a conflict or customer complaint diplomatically and tactfully
- The ability to deliver high quality service through the Duty Managers and staff
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of climbing wall industry trends
- IT skills
- Have a CWI/RCI (in house training and assessment for the right candidate)
- Have experience and desire to instruct people of all ages and abilities, including differently abled climbers
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation relating to operation of climbing walls
- A positive, engaging personality with the ability to encourage and motivate
- Experience of achieving results and making a positive difference to customer experience
- Previous supervisory experience in customer-based industries
- Experience of maintaining facilities to operational standards
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including weekends
To apply for this role click 'Apply Now' to view the Job Description for this role and e-mail your CV / Covering Letter.
Interviews for this post will be held on Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 September 2019.
For more information on this role, or to apply, please click 'Apply Now'.