Laundry Delivery Assistant - York
Laundry Delivery Assistant - The KP Club - Pocklington, York
A position has become available within the Housekeeping department for a Laundry Delivery Assistant to join our team at The KP Club to cover a period of long term sickness.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the friendly team at this five star, popular Golf resort in Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will work with the Housekeeping Manager and team to ensure all guest accommodation is up to the five star standards our guests expect. You will do this by ensuring all dirty linen boxes are replaced with clean ones in all accommodation, assisting the team by delivering various large or bulky items, objects and cleaning supplies around the park and provide support to the team as required.
Due to the extensive use of resort buggies within this role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
This is a long term sickness cover position to work variable hours. These hours will be mainly around our check in days; Monday and Friday, however some weekend and bank holiday work is included so flexibility is required.
The Laundry Delivery Assistant position is ideal for anyone searching for jobs within Housekeeping in Pocklington and the surrounding areas.
- Collecting pre-prepared dirty linen boxes from lodges and delivering them promptly to laundry for cleaning.
- Distributing pre-prepared clean linen boxes around the park to all guest accommodation.
- Using park buggies to transport large or bulky items around the park where required.
- Assisting with the Housekeeping team where required.
- Promptly reporting any lost and found property.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience within a Housekeeping department is an advantage but not essential.
What skills you will need
- A good level of physical fitness is essential to the role due to the requirements of lifting and transporting heavy objects.
- Positive attitude towards work with a desire to help out where needed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage own time and work well independently and in a team.
- Good customer service skills.
- Due to the extensive use of park buggies, a full UK driving licence is essential.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions