We are looking for a highly motivated person to join us as a Dining Supervisor. Working in our central dining facility called Bekynton, you'll be a 'hands-on' and dependable person who can lead a team to ensure that high standards of customer service are achieved at all times. You'll be flexible, adaptable and may have had previous experience in a similar role.
The role is 42.5 hours per week, split across a variety of shifts.
• To ensure we achieve a high level of standards in all areas of work.
• Report for allocated duties in accordance to staffing schedules and timings.
• Ensure uniform and appearance of yourself and your team meet company specifications at all times.
• To adhere to all current Health and Safety and hygienic regulations, promoting a safe and hygienic environment.
• To organise your team along with the Duty Manager to ensure all tasks are completed to specification and within set targets providing support and assistance where required.
• To ensure all cleaning of equipment, walls (up to 6ft), fixtures and fittings, crockery, glassware and cutlery etc is to client and company specification ensuring cleaning schedules are completed as and when required.
• To comply with COSHH regulations using chemicals safely and effectively.
• To ensure the preparation and servicing of the dining areas and server are to pre-defined standards.
• To ensure that best practices are adopted with regards to rotation and preparation of perishable food items.
• To develop effective partnership with duty managers and colleagues including daily communications and to provide reciprocal support during colleague’s days off.
• Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices and to promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
• To be responsible for developing and motivating your team to ensure unit standards are maintained.
• To receive any training as and when required in order to maintain and develop standards
• To attend to any reasonable request by management.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• Previous supervisory experience within a hospitality or similar environment
• Customer service experience
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• A relevant catering qualification would be desirable (NVQ Level 2)
• Good communication skills – will need to be able to communicate with customers, clients and staff.
• Some understanding of Health and Safety Regulations
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Able to use own initiative
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Flexible approach to role
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
£10.90 per hour
Closing date: 18th September 2019
Full details and an application form are available from our website:
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.