Junior Sous Chef - Thorpeness
Junior Sous Chef - Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
Salary: £25,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Junior Sous Chef to join their team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel. We are looking for a professional and hard working individual with a passion for food and who will be a able to support the Head Chef in managing and motivating the kitchen team.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
- Assist the Head Chef to plan and deliver balanced menus that are offer interest, quality and consistency.
- Produce food that is of consistently high standard
- Put forward ideas and suggestions for new menus
- Supervise the work of the other chefs and kitchen porters.
- Report any current or potential staffing/employment issues as soon as possible.
- Carry out all required checks and controls eg: temperature checks, food storage and stock rotation, stock control, cleaning.
- Store food and cleaning materials correctly.
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests. Be aware of any special or dietary requests.
- Promote the “customer first” culture within the team.
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Help, support and encourage team members wherever necessary and possible.
- Work closely with other departments to deliver the highest possible standards of service.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen
- Help to ensure that all procedures are recorded and kept up-to-date
- Make a positive contribution to the success of the team eg: suggest improvements, initiatives, opportunities to reduce wastage etc.
- Help to ensure that the other team members adhere to all fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and procedures.
- Cover breakfast duties as requested
- Assist with the preparation of staff meals
- Order stock and supplies from approved suppliers
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality
- Ensure all place checklists are completed before service starts
Key Performance Measures:
- Budgeted restaurant food revenues
- Food margins
- Guest comments/feedback
- Employee retention
- Attend management and training meetings
- Keep own knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group