Gymnastics Coach - Birmingham
Gymnastics Coach | Billesley Tennis & Fitness Centre
Location: Billesley Tennis & Fitness Centre, Wheelers Lane, Birmingham, B13 0ST
Hours: Casual, between 9am – 12pm on a Saturday, could lead to perm contract
Salary: £9.50 per hour
An excellent opportunity is available to join this established and fun team on our Birmingham Leisure contract. We are recruiting for a Casual Gymnastics Coach to work at Billesley Tennis & Fitness Centre between 9am - 12pm on a Saturday.
Billesley Tennis & Fitness Centre is a large indoor and outdoor tennis facility in the King's Heath area of Birmingham. It also has a great gym, cycling studio and much more.
Birmingham Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
We share your passion for leisure, and we will offer a safe, fun and professional working environment with excellent development opportunities. You will also receive free gym membership for you and a family member across 8 of our fantastic leisure centres!
Key purpose of role:
To deliver a programme of Gymnastics lessons for various levels of ability and which meets the standards of the British Gymnastics.
- To plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions as specified by the line manager and associated delivery partners.
- To develop coaching sessions that meets Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set by the Trust.
- To maintain accurate administration records for all sessions in line with the facilities processes and procedures.
- To assist in the organisation and promotion of sport and recreational activities and distribute relevant publicity material.
- To undertake further training as required.
- To comply with and promote equality, health, safety and employee development in compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone who has previous experience of working within the leisure environment and an understanding of the health benefits of exercising.
- You will also have a good standard of personal presentation, communication and customer service skills.
- It is essential that you hold at least a level 1 NGB Coaching certificate (or equivalent) and desirable that you hold First Aid and Child protection certificate.
If you think this could be the right role for you, or you have the right experience and skills please do apply with a copy of your CV.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.